Forumas: topic review

Print

What do urantia followers think or feel about the war with Islamic terrorists?

I am finding it very difficult to love fellow humans who believe that it is their mission in life, even to their own sacrifice, to kill me, my wife and sons, my grand children and all of yours also. Their beliefs are not compatable with the teachings of the Urantia book. They are unyielding and dangerous. I have read as much of the Koran as I can stand, and have found very little love and brotherhood. I have found disgusting violence and selfserving powermongering and human degradation and inslavement cloaked in a misguided, ignorant interpretation of what the father of love, that I know, is telling them to do. I do not understand how the fathers message of love could go so wrong. I need to know what the Urantia Foundation and fellow readers think o f this. I am a follower of the father's love and what he strives to have me do in his service in the great adventure before me, but I am also a warrior on his behalf. The Islamists have broken the Prime Directive, " Freewill choice was given and is the paramount law of the father. It cannot be changed, undone, usurped by anything or anyone". I need loving input about what I must do. KU

KU
2007-04-15 19:41:29

Responses

Dear Ku, thank you for your response. That is really great that you are in communion with the Father so deep that you feel this living relationship. Do you receive the teachings of the Thought Adjuster, Father's spirit within you? If not, then it is your next step to this end of beginning to hear what the Father is telling YOU ALL THE TIME WITHOUT STOPPING FOR A SINGLE SECOND.
You are absolutely right in stating the "concept of duality and balance in this endeavor", yet I wish you could expand this view on the issue by taking a little bit different approach to it. Balance is good only for those of our brethren who desire to remain as traditional believers in certain dogmas, and even in the statements of the Fifth Epochal Revelation - The Urantia Book. However, those who desire to embark upon a LIVING PATH OF THE FATHER need more that balance. They need to develop their stronger faith in the Father to change that balance of the material-spiritual ratio in favor of the spiritual to have a much deeper vision even of the very same material environment, already tinged with the spiritual colors.
You know pretty well that even the material universe serves the interests of the spiritual life to the effect of being the arena of the spiritual game of the vast and divine SPIRITUAL family of the Father. Therefore, it is the spiritual that makes up the basis, the foundation, of all the creation for the material universe has been made to serve the interests of a SPIRITUAL DIVINE FAMILY.
Therefore, even though we are material mortals at the moment, but having discovered the Father within and especially having been born of the spirit we become more of a spiritual rather than material origin.
This is not a fact to ALL MORTALS, ONLY TO THOSE FEW WHO HAVE BEEN BORN OF THE SPIRIT.
By this new spiritual birth the same mortal breaks the balance between the spiritual and the material in favor of the spiritual without any fear or danger to himself or herself. And moreover, this son or daughter of the Father begins to pay MORE attention to his or her material body, to its nutrition, to its health condition so that it would always be in a good shape and SERVING THE FATHER WHILE SERVING HIS OR HER BRETHREN.
Now such a mortal begins to look upon the material body and all the material life as a MEANS TO SERVE THE FATHER RATHER THAN THE PURPOSE OF HIS OR HER LIVING.
With a living Father a mortal born of the spirit also is becoming more of a spiritual nature while even in the flesh and by this begins to ever more outweigh the material proportion in favor of the spiritual without any harm either to himself or herself or the environment. On the contrary, he or she begins to bring in more harmony around.
And that is achieved by and thru an INCREASING LIVING COMMUNION WITH THE FATHER.
Peace be upon you.
With brotherly love,

Algimantas
2007-04-22 10:37:44

Algimantas,
I also have a personal relationship with the indwelling Father, and I concur with your feelings of how to give love to all my fellow Urantians. I give love to them for what they are, not for who they are. I do not profess to know how the Father assesses the actions of my experiential fellows, all I know is how I feel. I understand that to believe, to percieve in some religiousity, is striving in the direction that human experience is compelled to go. I also understand the concepts of duality and balance in this endeavor.

KU
2007-04-21 07:43:18

My dear KU, as you well know that the Father loves ALL, INCLUDING TERRORISTS.
Having discovered the Father within myself, and having been born of the spirit I have realized what it means to love ALL, for I began to LOVE ALL, INCLUDING THE TERRORISTS.
But to love ALL does not mean to love ALL THEIR ACTIONS. I do not support their actions, but I always separate the action from the doer of the action. These are two different things.
The Father assesses the doer of the action by the motive of the doer of the action. That is why I also assess the developments on the world looking into the motives and not merely into a superficial judgment of the actions seen on the surface.
I studied Koran and the life of Muhammed. And I do know that if generations upon generations are taught that once one dies in the name of Allah one goes straight to Paradise, if one kills an infidel in the name of Allah it is not a sin but a service to Allah, that no Muslim should have friends among the Jews and Christians, and similar teachings are stuffed into the young heads it is quite natural that in time they shall mature for the Islam warriors since their outlook on the world, religion, and people is greatly distorted and limited.
But they sincerely believe in what they are doing for such has been their path of training and experience that their religion and their teaching are true.
What else could they believe in if there is no any other alternative source among them?
Thus, what would you expect from them once they are being attacked by the Western consumer culture that is threatening to ruin all their foundations of living that have been cherished for centuries? What reactions would you expect when the Western people come and begin to impose their own regulations in their own countries among their own people, when the Western companies begin to dominate in their own country and by this expose their people to additonal vices - smoking, alcohol, drugs, prostitution, gambling - that violate Koran and their established standards of living? What reaction would you expect once some of their countries are asaulted with armies and real weapons, when bombs are exploding, when a huge military force is moving in and they cannot withstand it in an open battle but they are certain that these are the infidels that do not believe in Allah and that they have come to their country to kill them, as they see their people die? What would you expect they could do to DEFEND ALLAH and their OWN country?
The only way for them to react is to DIE IN THE NAME OF ALLAH BY KILLING AS MANY INFIDELS AS POSSIBLE EVEN IN A TERRORIS ACT.
They do not fear death for they have been trained with the milk of their mothers that Allah shall receive them in Paradise FOR THIS SERVICE. They REALLY BELIEVE IN WHAT THEY DO.
And that is the main difference between them and the Christians. The Christians having attacked Afghanistan, Iraque and other countries already SINNED BY THIS ASSAULT and they DO NOT BELIEVE THEMSELVES IN WHAT THEY AR DOING for they are doing it FOR THE MONEY, while the Muslims are even dying for Allah.
And this step of theirs, even though is also wrong in essence, gives them moral and religious strength to make it.
Meanwhile the Christians shall be losing confidence even more for they do not have either God in their hearts or moral strength to continue this aggressive war that has been provoked by the military of the USA exclusively for MONEY OUT OF THEIR GREEDINESS irrespective of what lofty language they have been using thru the lips of their main loudspeker President Bush junior as the cover.
THE MOTIVES OF THE MUSLIMS ARE NOBLE, THE MOTIVES OF THE CHRISTIANS ARE SELFISH.
But BOTH sides are WRONG since they do not see THEIR BRETHREN on the opposite side. And they do not see them because neither of the sides have A LIVING FATHER DISCOVERED WITHIN THEMSELVES.
Thus, to stop this futile waste of resources and lives we must start with OURSELVES - EACH OF US PERSONALLY - TO DISCOVER THE FATHER WITHIN OUR OWN SELF AND SUBSEQUENTLY BE BORN OF THE SPIRIT.
And the very first step to it is our SINCERE PRAYER - THE WORSHIP OF THE FATHER, AND A PETITION PRAYER IN OUR OWN WORDS for the benefit of all the planet, for the awakening of the souls even of these of our brethren who are waging a war on these two sides - Muslims and Christians.
If you do pray SINCERELY AND STEADFASTLY, after some time you SHALL begin to feel the love vibrations from the Father within your own selves. And that shall be not your volitional act of LOVING EVEN THE MUSLIMS WHO KILL SOME OF YOUR OWN, THAT SHALL be the Father's love that your awakening soul shall begin to FEEL AND EXPERIENCE.
To feel this Father's love you must open up your valve that now is closed and the Father's living river of love cannot reach your thirsty soul.
Peace be upon you.
With brotherly love,
Algimantas

Algimantas
2007-04-20 12:06:53

[Login to write a response]
Print
Back